While you enjoy the trailer for Deadly Viper, let me announce the winners of our drawing:
Thanks to the handy number generator at Random.org, the winners are:
Kevin church planter of Overflow Church in WI.
And brunettekoala crisis-pregnancy center co-leader and Scottish friend. Which means Deadly Viper is about to invade Europe.
So, you guys email or DM your mailing addresses to me, and I’ll get your Viper sets in the mail.
The book is officially out. We’d love it if you would help us get the word out through your corner of web. Thanks!
Deadly VIper Character Assassins releases on Thursday. I’m very excited about it. This is one of my favorite leadership books. Yes, my husband co-wrote it with Mike Foster, so I might be a bit biased. But I’ve lead several small groups through it and I think it is the best things out there about integrity and character in leadership. You can check out their Deadly Viper blog.
Here is the info on the book: Deadly VIper Character Assassins is a kung fu inspired book on leadership integrity. With provocative and honest insights on burnout, out of control emotions, sex, money, transparency, and second chances, Deadly Viper is a must read for every leader looking for sustained success. So whether you’re an executive at a large company, a daring entrepreneur, a gifted salesman, or serving at a church or non-profit, Deadly Viper Character Assassins will engage you in the critical conversations about finding true meaning in life and leadership.
So, since it is coming out, of course I must have a give away. Up for grabs: two Deadly Viper sets. That is the book, DVD and Small Group Guide. I will draw for the winner or the book’s release date, Thursday Oct 1st.
How do you enter? Just leave a comment (on my blog, Facebookers) with your favorite kung-fu movie. Don’t have one? Tell me why you don’t love a good kung-fu movie.
My favorite is “Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon.” I also loved “The Crow” in High School. And I will always have a special place in my heart for Daniel-san and his crane kick at the end of “Karate Kid.” How about you?
A while ago my fabulous husband, Jud, and his best friend Mike, wrote a really great book called Deadly Viper Character Assassins. If you aren’t familiar with Deadly Viper, you might want to be. It is a great resource for your church, staff, small group, or yourself. In fact, we’ve done a whole message series (which are free downloads on iTunes) around it at Central, and I’ve lead our pastor’s wives through the book as well.
Here is the latest in the battle against the assassins:
1. Deadly Viper, Silver is coming out in September. You can pre-order it here. It will have an extra chapter, a small group discussion guide, additional cartoons and graphics, and some other surprises.
2. You can also download the free audio version of Deadly Viper, but you should really order the book because it is beautiful.
3. There is a Deadly Viper fan page on Facebook where you can keep up with all of the latest news.
4. The follow up book, People of the Second Chance, is in the works. They are writing like mad men … and I know it is going to be great. Oh and of course just as amazing design-wise.
5. You can always read the boys’ thoughts on their blog, or follow Jud and Mike on Twitter.
Anyone read the book? Let me hear your thoughts on it.