This is My Battlefield … Maybe It’s Yours
Posted by our sweet friend, Heather aka LeadHership.
I had been fighting this battle since I was 8.
The battle’s location? My mind.
The battle’s names? The Battle of Low Self Esteem.
But one day, I had had enough. I became righteously angry at being defenseless on this battlefield, and worse, losing at it. So, I earnestly sought God on how to be a better warrior when this battle ensued. And with a strategy of grace and wisdom, my General heard my cries and offered His aide. One of the best tactics my General gave me was when thoughts of “you suck,” or “you can’t” BEGIN aa march onto the battlefield of my mind, ricochet those assaults with God’s truth! My BOW is my BIBLE; my ARROWS are its verses.
Here are some of the best arrows I’ve found for my arsenal. Maybe you or someone you know could use them in theirs.
- I am God’s child. (Jn 1:12)
- I have been bought with a price, and I belong to God. (1 Cor 6:19-20)
- I have been chosen by God and adopted as His child. (Eph 1:3-8)
- I am assured that God works for my good in all circumstances. (Rom 8:28)
- I have been established, anointed and sealed by God. (2 Cor. 1:21-22)
- I am confident that God will complete the good work He started in me. (Phil. 1:6)
- I am a citizen of heaven. (Phil. 3:20)
- I am God’s workmanship. (Eph. 2:10)
- I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. (Phil 4:13)
Our minds my be battlefields, but with God, our minds don’t have to lose the battle!
Does anyone else share this battle?